Apple is back in the news by rejecting the Basecamp’s Hey and Facebook’s Gaming Platform. If you are an iOS app developer then you get nervous while you release your app on iOS App Store. Do not get surprised with the rejections while you submit your app, you would always get to know the reason for rejections and a chance to rectify it.
A first-time developer or an app development company, it is essential to go through App Store Review Guidelines before submitting the app for a review.
Most of the developers working on Android or iOS programming apps panic once their app gets rejected. Apple has strict guidelines to give quality apps on their store that they owe to their users. Let’s check out what are the technical reasons for your app to get rejected by Apple.
1) Fix app issues: If your app is having bugs or crashes your app is a guarantee to be rejected. Fix the unstable app before submitting the app for review.
2) Ensure blazing performance: Apps are expected to run fluidly. Your app gets rejected if it takes time to load the page or takes extra time to complete its loading.
4) Ensure no broken links: Broken links are recognized as one of the top links for apps rejections. Take the time for the links added in your app before submitting the app to the app store.
5) Hardware and software compatibility on Apple products: Designing apps efficiently is a requirement, so the app does not drain the devices. Test your app with all the Apple mobile device before you submit for review, they need to work on core standard conditions of Apple devices. App working on the latest hardware and software systems is appreciable and if the app does not work on every apple device there can be rejections.
6) Payment Systems: All transactions must go through apples IN APP Processing system and avoid using third-party payment providers. This ensures the money is securely transferred through Apple’s marketplace. As you convert the website into an app ensure the payment system is updated as per the Apple norms.
7) Lack of standard Functionality: Your iOS app needs to be useful, avoid demo apps. App content that is real and final is accepted. Apple rejects the app what is for trial purpose or just provide demo content. A mobile app for unwanted reasons like sharing your contact info through the channel is not recommended.
Above were the technical issues that are well-known for rejecting your app. Before you submit, verify if the app follows the guidelines or violates technical issues provided by Apple. You can also approach software of mobile app development/programming companies like BittyKittyLabs.
The quality of content in the app is checked by Apple and is one of the common reasons to get rejected. Here are some of the common content-related reasons for your app to get rejected.
1) Duplicate app:
If your app is duplicate, a copy of other apps, or similar to other apps, Apple won’t find it worth having it on its market place. Creating an original app with the original content and features is a good way to avoid Apple App Store rejections.
2) Website or application: If you create the app for your online website community readers, it’s good to have a customized native app that integrates with your online portal. Make sure that what you upload is an app rather than a website in an app wrapper. For solutions turn your content into an app. For example, while converting WordPress content into a fully native iOS App. The Andriod development or enterprise mobile app development company is the best to guide you.
3) Placeholder Content: Placeholder content is the sign that your app is incomplete, and wasn’t ready to be placed in your app in Apple IOS.
4) Inaccurate Description: Make sure that the app is described as accurately as possible. Misleading descriptions for an app will be rejected right away.
5) Lack of valuable content: Make sure users gain from the content. If there is no substance in your content users won’t gain users’ experience and your app will be considered as a common.
6) Bad UI: Go through the Apples User Interface guidelines that provide UI so users can gain a good user experience.
7) Bad UX: Ask yourself if your app is easy to use. If the app is not easy and does not comply with standard iOS complications than revise it to make it intuitive.
8) Mentioning other app platforms: Apple wants to give a unique experience to its users, having such apps on Android or Facebook will surely reject your app on Apple Store. Mentioning other platforms makes it clear that the app was not built for iOS and this one reason is enough to reject your app on Apple Store.
9) Incomplete information: The app names in iTunes Connect should match the name displayed on the device. If the information giving for your app is incomplete your app might just get rejected.
10) Mentioning the competitors: Mentioning the details of your app on social media or other play stores can be one of the reasons for your app to get rejected.
11) Push Notifications: Register your app in APN (Apple Push Notification) service and engage your users with this marketing gig. Failing to do this is one of the reasons to get declined by Apple.
Apple has strict norms to select the apps for their Store and marketplace. Following these guidelines will ensure your app to be accepted by Apple. The rejections in Apple make sure the customers get the best and are prevented from using a buggy and spam applications. Going through the above tricks will help you to overcome the rejections of the app on the Apple Store.
We are software, app, eCommerce website, Android, and iOS app development Columbus based company. For more details on creating iOS apps or submission of your personalized iOS apps, contact us, or email us.